We're searching for an exceptional accountant with reliable accounting software and organization skills who is passionate about craft brewing. Get ready to manage the finances for a growing manufacturer of amazing craft brewery equipment. We want someone who will help us with our day-to-day operations while building out a larger finance department as we grow.
- manage inventory accounting, including extensive parts web-store
- develop systems to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts and by defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
- maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries
- balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance, reconciling entries
- maintain historical records by filing documents
- prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions
- contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting from a four-year college/university or higher
- a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA),
- at least 2 years experience working as an accountant
- highly skilled with computer-based accounting software
- expert with Microsoft Excel
*** If you do not have all of the “must-haves” above but feel you are uniquely qualified for this position, please still apply.
- significant experience with QuickBooks and small business bookkeeping
- an understanding of database systems
Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills.
Ethical Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates personal and professional ethics. Demonstrates respect for people and principles. Maintains a respectful, diverse and inclusive work environment where decisions and transactions are transparent and objective. Holds themselves, their employees, and their organizations accountable for their actions.
High Work Standards / Attention to Detail: Sets and maintains high performance standards; pays close attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness; shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs; develops detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors gauges, instruments or processes; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains a system of records.
Reliable: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments.
Organized: Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
Staff Development: Works to improve the performance of oneself and others by pursuing opportunities for continuous learning/feedback; constructively helps and coaches others in their professional development; exhibits a “can-do” approach and inspires associates to excel; develops a team spirit.
Physical Demands: This position requires occasionally sitting, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, use of his or her hands and fingers, reaching with hands and arms, and talking/listening; the employee will occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
Vision: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment is occasionally wet or humid (non-weather); includes working near moving mechanical parts, in high/precarious places; there may be potential fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic cleaning chemicals; occasional outdoor weather conditions; there is a potential risk of electrical shock.
Craft Kettle Core Values
People Matter: We value relationships and people. We operate with humility, with a customer-service focus, and with respect for all.
Team First: We achieve results as an interdependent team. We are supportive, responsive, flexible, and considerate in our interactions with one another. We partner with others both inside and outside of our organization because we share accountability for results and want to identify opportunities to learn from each other.
Long-term Thinkers: We analyze problems and potential solutions with a view for long-term growth and sustainability. We recognize the overall efficiency of all the organizations we work with is paramount in the long-term, and we prioritize the efficiency and effectiveness of the aggregate group over the short-term profit motives of our individual organization. We seek to add value to ensure the long-term viability of our organization.
Problem Solvers: We strive to correct and learn from our mistakes. We respond to problems in a timely fashion and seek to erase the impact of our mistakes. We track our past actions and prevent future repetition.
Bold Thinking: We act with an entrepreneurial spirit and promote effective and transformative ideas. We seek out new ways to solve old problems.
Starting salary between $50,000 and $65,000
Compensation commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience
Access to the company's benefits packages, which currently include: medical, vision, and dental insurance (50% EE / 25% FAM); 4% 1:1 401k match; holidays, paid time off; sick leave, company cell phone and computer.