Int'l Logistics & Project Manager
This position is great for an experienced international logistics or project manager who enjoys and is excellent at communicating well with a broad team and with external partners. You will be primarily responsible for managing all incoming and outgoing domestic and international shipments/logistics and for working with a team to plan, manage, and coordinate projects. You will also work to improve efficiencies in logistics and projects. This position has responsibilities across multiple closely-held companies.
JOB TASKSLogistics Manager Tasks
- manage project and other delivery schedules; communicate with customers, vendors, and production staff with relation to schedules and anticipate delivery dates; respond to customer requests for schedule changes & work with suppliers and production staff to accommodate requests
- book and manage incoming and outgoing domestic and international shipments; clear all shipments for customs and freight release (with third-party broker); collect and file dray receipts and proof of delivery for all shipments; create and maintain warehouse receipts and delivery orders for shipments
- work with operations and production staff to ensure accurate inventory control and incoming/outgoing shipment scheduling
- enter customer and vendor sales and purchase orders into the organization’s operational and accounting software; verify order pricing, description, & delivery requirements
- issue and send invoices to customers for outgoing shipments; work with accounting to track payments; work with accounting to enter and review accounts payable for shipping and project payables
analyze past freight expenses and determine best freight options; review container packaging to determine opportunities for cost savings; review and propose modifications to workflows to save money on freight and logistics
- manage project purchasing, work orders, and schedules
- anticipate and respond to customer needs in relation to projects, including scheduling, documentation, etc.
- purchase materials, equipment, and other resources for projects; estimate and track labor and materials costs for projects
** This position has responsibilities across multiple closely-held companies.
bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university or higher
international logistics or brokerage experience and/or project management experience
strong computer skills: excellent e-mail and Microsoft Excel skills, ability to work with an order tracking system
professional and personable; can communicate well with customers over the phone and via e-mail
*** If you do not have all of the “must-haves” above but feel you are uniquely qualified for this position, please still apply.
bookkeeping and/or accounting training/experience
experience with database systems and/or relevant programming languages
knowledge of brewing and/or brewery equipment
- High Work Standards / Attention to Detail: Sets and maintains high performance standards; pays close attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness; shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs; develops detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors gauges, instruments or processes; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Organization & Coordination: Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively; adjusts actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Reliable: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments.
- Service Focus: Values and delivers high quality, professional, responsive, and innovative service; responds to requests for service in a timely and thorough manner; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; prioritizes customer needs; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Initiative and Creativity: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Physical Demands: This position requires occasionally sitting, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, use of his or her hands and fingers, reaching with hands and arms, and talking/listening; the employee will occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment is occasionally wet or humid (non-weather); includes working near moving mechanical parts, in high/precarious places; there may be potential fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic cleaning chemicals; occasional outdoor weather conditions; there is a potential risk of electrical shock.
CRAFT KETTLE CORE VALUES
- People Matter: We value relationships and people. We operate with humility, with a customer-service focus, and with respect for all.
- Team First: We achieve results as an interdependent team. We are supportive, responsive, flexible, and considerate in our interactions with one another. We partner with others both inside and outside of our organization because we share accountability for results and want to identify opportunities to learn from each other.
- Long-term Thinkers: We analyze problems and potential solutions with a view for long-term growth and sustainability. We recognize the overall efficiency of all the organizations we work with is paramount in the long-term, and we prioritize the efficiency and effectiveness of the aggregate group over the short-term profit motives of our individual organization. We seek to add value to ensure the long-term viability of our organization.
- Problem Solvers: We strive to correct and learn from our mistakes. We respond to problems in a timely fashion and seek to erase the impact of our mistakes. We track our past actions and prevent future repetition.
- Bold Thinking: We act with an entrepreneurial spirit and promote effective and transformative ideas. We seek out new ways to solve old problems.
- Starting salary between $45,000 and $60,000
- Compensation commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience
- Access to the company's benefits packages, which currently include medical, vision, and dental insurance (50% EE / 25% FAM); 4% 1:1 401k match; holidays, paid time off; sick leave.