Sanitary Stainless Steel Welder
This position is great for an experienced sanitary stainless steel tube and pipe welder. You will be responsible for producing quality process piping/tube for craft brewery and other craft beverage equipment as well other welding and assembly/repair responsibilities. You will primarily work at our facility in New Orleans, but will also get an opportunity to travel to project sites and help build breweries from scratch.
- weld pipe and tube assemblies and other sanitary stainless steel products in safe manner and in accordance with drawing specifications and/or customer requests
- review equipment and supply needs and coordinate with purchasing to ensure sufficient equipment and material quantities are on-hand to meet current and future needs
- clean and maintains shop and equipment regularly
- prepare sketches and drawings to improve and modify equipment designs and assembly methods
- assist in other assembly, manufacturing, and warehouse tasks as necessary
experience with and knowledge of stainless steel welding using TIG/GTAW equipment & techniques
knowledge of shop mathematics, properties of metals, layouts, welding, and machining procedures
trade-related education or higher
*** If you do not have all of the “must-haves” above but feel you are uniquely qualified for this position, please still apply.
knowledge of sanitary welding standards
knowledge of pickling and passivation procedures
knowledge of products and processes in the wine, beer, or distillery industries
- Initiative and Creativity: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills.
- High Work Standards / Attention to Detail: Sets and maintains high performance standards; pays close attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness; shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs; develops detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors gauges, instruments or processes; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Reliability: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments.
- Commitment to Safety: Understands, encourages and carries out the principles of integrated safety management; complies with or oversees the compliance with Laboratory safety policies and procedures; completes all required ES&H training; takes personal responsibility for safety.
- Physical Demands: This position requires occasionally sitting, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, use of his or her hands and fingers, reaching with hands and arms, and talking/listening; the employee will occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment is occasionally wet or humid (non-weather); includes working near moving mechanical parts, in high/precarious places; there may be potential fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic cleaning chemicals; occasional outdoor weather conditions; there is a potential risk of electrical shock.
CRAFT KETTLE CORE VALUES
- People Matter: We value relationships and people. We operate with humility, with a customer-service focus, and with respect for all.
- Team First: We achieve results as an interdependent team. We are supportive, responsive, flexible, and considerate in our interactions with one another. We partner with others both inside and outside of our organization because we share accountability for results and want to identify opportunities to learn from each other.
- Long-term Thinkers: We analyze problems and potential solutions with a view for long-term growth and sustainability. We recognize the overall efficiency of all the organizations we work with is paramount in the long-term, and we prioritize the efficiency and effectiveness of the aggregate group over the short-term profit motives of our individual organization. We seek to add value to ensure the long-term viability of our organization.
- Problem Solvers: We strive to correct and learn from our mistakes. We respond to problems in a timely fashion and seek to erase the impact of our mistakes. We track our past actions and prevent future repetition.
- Bold Thinking: We act with an entrepreneurial spirit and promote effective and transformative ideas. We seek out new ways to solve old problems.
- Full-time position with hourly pay between $18 and $25 per hour plus 1.5x overtime
- Compensation commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience
- Access to the company's benefits packages, which currently include medical, vision, and dental insurance (50% EE / 25% FAM); 4% 1:1 401k match; holidays, paid time off; sick leave.